Sunday, January 20, 2013

Tomorrow, tomorrow

So I'm now very excited. Fingers have been locked and uncomfortably crossed for the last two days. Tomorrow is our goal for an Alpha. For us, that means "Yes, this is really happening. This is the most amazing wonderful incredible unbelievable thing in the entire world."

For you, it means all those same things, and also "I get to see this thing!"

So, if all goes according to plan, I should have some wonderful to show either tomorrow or on Tuesday.

Here's a little snippet of what you can probably expect:

Early running shot of Sprout the Game

Also, I think I'll start posting our team's progress updates. They come every Monday, and who knows, there might be someone who is interested in the teeny details. As for me? I spent six hours today staring at my screen trying to figure out a way to create a gap that could be crossed in some way that hasn't already been done. 

Level 2 is turning out a lot more difficult than I expected because, while it is thematically different than Level 1, it is still in the comfort stage of the game where each puzzle functions more like a tutorial than real gameplay.

As of right now, there will be ZERO instructions in the game. Everything should be learned naturally. With any luck, the only text is actually going to come from you, the player! To any interested, I'd like the fill the game with your thoughts. What would you think if you had one day to live? What would you wish for? What are your regrets? Either post them here in the comments or email info@sproutthegame.com

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment