Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Sprout the Game and Chairs and Demos and Stuff

I think the chair at my work desk is causing problems. It's only of those hollow metal fold-up chairs with the cross stitch of yarn for a cushion. These kinds of chairs are barely tolerable for an hour long presentation but they start to get wickedly painful after repeated nights of five hour work-sessions.

Not that you need to know any of that. What you do need to know, however, is that the work is paying off. So we've got the new system hammered down into a pretty simple concept and I've had the good fortune of being able to start putting it together in Unity. As you can see in the below video, we've adopted a more traditional "True 2D" approach to the terrain. The reasoning behind this is two-fold. First, it's going to make all of the art in the game much less taxing on poor Murilo (not to mention on me- this kind of terrain is much easier to piece together). Second, it fits in better with our new themes.


As usual, I'll leave you to your own devices to handle all the interpretation.

In the meantime, check out the new banner (hopefully the first of many, put together by the one and only @St1ka!

Sprout the Game
Sprout the Game's first banner

Also, I've decided to release the demo we made for the other engine publicly. So once we get everything sorted on that front, you guys will be able to play our semi-playable, roughly 20 minute game-level! I sure hope you don't hate it!

For the next two weeks, we'll be working tirelessly at creating a Unity-based demo for the TooManyGames show in Philadelphia. If any of you are mid-Atlanteans, let me know so we can arrange some face time. I love meeting new people and I especially love people interested in Sprout!






No comments:

Post a Comment