Monday, August 5, 2013

Trademarking Issues Prevent a Proper Title Here!

_______________________________________________________

If you don't want to read, please skip to the bottom to chime in about your choice of Sprout's new name! 
Thank you!
_______________________________________________________

We got some bad news today. A few months ago, I went through a trademark application service to register Sprout and Sprout the Game to safeguard myself from the law's hungry gavel. Less poetically, I didn't want to get sued.

At registration day, I did my searches through the various categories to ensure that I wasn't wasting my time (and more importantly, my money) registering a name that was already taken. On hitting "Confirm", I felt secure in knowing I had done my research and the name Sprout belonged to Decade Design.

My security was imagined, it seems. My research worthless. Somehow the truth escaped me. "Sprout" it seems, has already been taken. Now the months and months of brand building, SEO, and back-linking need to be completely redone. I'll also have to change the URL and name of the blog and register a new domain name (more money). I may even have to pay another sum of money to get the new name in the trademark process. 

It also means having to make a substantial change the logo or completely redoing it. Poor Murilo. 

I won't continue boring you with my sob story, but I will try to get you in on the new plan. Obviously, we need a new name. But we need one that isn't a total departure from our already existing one. So basically, it needs to still in the word Sprout. So me and St!ka and a couple of the others have been racking our brains to try to come up with some good ones. We'd be honored and thankful and humbled and indebted and grateful and every other word like those if you'll help us choose the right new name by either commenting and saying which you like best or by suggesting your own ideas.


Please, please comment with your choice!
  • Sprout the Voyage
  • Sprout the Journey
  • Sprout's Tale
  • Sprout's Passage
  • Sprout a Path
  • Sprout Forward
  • Sprout Roots
  • Eternal Sprout

27 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your trademark woes. I like Sprout's Tale for its simplicity and few syllables.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for saying so! I think Sprout's Tale would have to be my favorite, too.

      Delete
    2. And thanks for prompting me to recheck all my yet-to-be-trademarked names. I need to lock those down.

      Delete
  2. A Game of Sprouts! (Nah, Passage or Path look good to me. But let me sleep on that.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, alright, thanks for the vote! I'll be hounding you tomorrow morning for a final answer, though!

      Delete
  3. Sprout's Tale or Unitato

    Perhaps Sprouting Boobacle?

    Sproutacle?

    Sprout Manatee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Call it 'Epoch Sprout' sounds like Epic Sprout and it matches the meaning. or Sprout Epoch. bleee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that "Sprout's Tale" Sounds Neat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eternal Sprout. Sprout's Tale sounds kind of Disney.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sprout's Tale

    or

    Sprout's Journey

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Eternal Sprout the best. I think it fits your gameplay and is the easiest most original.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What about something like Tales of a Sprout. Then you could keep your current designed logos and stuff and just put the "Tales of a" above it in smaller lettering.

    Example: http://i.imgur.com/6WCXUVX.jpg

    Although, that does make it a bit longer than you probably want for listings and things. Just an idea though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a nice looking mock-up, Aubrey, thanks! We actually considered Tales of but it feels a little dangerous because of the Tales of series...

      Delete
  10. Sprout Bloom

    Sprout Seasons

    Sprout Blossom

    Sprout Rebirth

    Seeds of Sprout

    Sprout Legacy

    Sproutling

    Sprout Efflorescence

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sprout's Tale

    also: Sprout and Sapling

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks a lot for sharing such a nice information. Android Developer.

    ReplyDelete