The first task is to redo the grass. Currently, the grass not only looks too sparse, but its taxing on the system. With the new terrain, we've got a much larger area that needs to be covered by grass, and that would require even more separate instances in the system, each being animated to grow and move in the wind.
|A pretty picture, but the grass just won't do.|
We're going to try at least one different thing to get it working, but it could be many more if they don't work. We've got some ideas.
But instead of spending another few paragraphs going explaining hypothetical solutions, I'd like to introduce you to our latest accomplishment. If you were with us over the weekend, you may have seen it already, but I think we've got a really nice death effect ready for the enemies. Add in some lovely particles and sound effects and baby, you got yourself a stew!
|Obviously, it'll make more sense when we have the|
actual enemy model in.
Meanwhile, we've been doing some work on the website. After lots of peer pressure, I caved and went for a Wordpress. We've still got a LOT of work left to do on it, but if you'd like, feel free to take a look and use the Contact link to send me a message about what a bad website builder I am.
That's all for now. Please don't forget about that beautiful +1 button to help us get noticed by Google's cronyism-practicing search engine.