Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Who Are We? The Producer

For lack of a better title, that would be me. Sprout is a product of my barely functioning brain and it stayed in there for almost two years before I gave it some serious thought. One thing led to another and I had a GDD (which varies wildly from the path Sprout is headed now) written up and a couple of ads out that I was looking for team members.

Anyway, here's a little bit about who I am and stuff.

Name: Tom Murphy
Age: 25
Location: Maryland, 'Murrica

First Game: Technically it would have to be Tetris, though being barely a year old I'm sure I couldn't understand anything except that the gray box in front of me made noises (and barely lit up, being an original Gameboy). First conscience experience with a game would have to be Zelda: Link to the Past, the game that got me into games. 

Favorite Game: Suikoden II for PS1. Hands down the best story I have ever read/seen/heard across any medium. Also the music is amazing. 


Thoughts on Sprout: It's awesome. I don't think I could have ever imagined that it would turn out as well as it is. It's fantastic being able to work with Matt and Murilo at bringing this thing together, and seeing the little guy move around the landscape that used to exist only inside my head- that's quite an experience.

Favorite Indie Game: This is a tough question. Sometimes it's hard knowing where to even draw the line between indie and, er, not indie. I mean, I liked the heck out of Braid and Fez, but if we can count the Kefling games as Indie I think I'd give it to them. ...Is Tilted Mill indie? I just don't know anymore.

Also any game that tugs my heartstrings is a winner in my book. 



No comments:

Post a Comment