Thursday, September 24, 2015

2 down, 14 to go.

Ive finished 2 now, properly introducing the flying enemies, gas traps, skullhounds, and gameplay controls. Ive developed a new arc for game progression wherein the player will spend 3 levels in each terrain type. Hopefully this will sufficiently mix things up.

Still no fairy, tree, vine, or lighting intro. Also no grass growth. Those will trickle in over the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th worlds. This is a great experience for me; now that I'm not confined to a demo level, there's no pressure to show off all our features at once. Also the slowness of this makes for a much easier way to tell stories.

I dont want to give anything away here, since everyone should be able to form his or her own opinion on the ~meaning~, but i will tell you we're staying true to our original plans. The Voyage of Life and all that.



Having some trouble with shaders today. Getting some unexplainable parsing errors. I'm certain my brackets and colons and labels are correct. It's a head-scratcher. What I need is to create some kind of animated forcefield thing that will act as a wall that stops skullhounds from getting outside of their roam area. The problem is, we don't have an animation for "stopped by obstruction and growling at player from a distance" so I need some clear visible "wall" object. The shader is supposed to animate some ghostly looking thing, but I haven't managed to make it look acceptably bad yet. 


Also- how to make backgrounds look more interesting without getting new assets? 


Also my back is fucking killing me today. Can barely sit down. But must. Health tomorrow, Sprout today, as the ancient Romans used to day.

No comments:

Post a Comment